This baked soft pretzels recipe is delicious. You can brushed them with olive oil instead of the egg, It made them more shiny, and the salt on top stuck better.This pretzels taste wonderful. Try this recipes for your family.
Ingredients of baked soft pretzels
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
How to make baked soft pretzels:
- Stir sugar into 1/4 cup warm water in a small bowl. Sprinkle yeast over top. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir to dissolve yeast.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups warm water, flour, and salt in large bowl. Stir yeast into mixture. Add a bit more flour, if needed, so dough isn’t too sticky.
- Knead for 8 to 10 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with tea towel. Let stand in oven with light on and door closed about 45 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down. Roll into log. Mark off into 12 portions, and cut. Roll each portion into 1/2 inch rope. Shape each rope into pretzel form on greased baking sheets. Beat egg white and 1 teaspoon water with fork in small bowl; brush glaze on pretzels. Sprinkle some pretzels with kosher salt, and some with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 450 degrees (230 degrees C) for about 15 minutes. Turn out onto racks to cool.