To make baked tofu with ground black pepper is so easy. Tofu cubes are marinated and then baked in the oven.This baked tofu need 15 minutes of cooking time.Don’t forget the smoke flavoring, it really adds the special flavor.
Ingredients of baked tofu with ground black pepper recipe:
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
How to make baked tofu with ground black pepper:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (or about 190 degrees C). Lightly spray a non-stick baking sheet with oil.
- Slice tofu into 1/2-inch slices, and gently press excess water out of tofu. Cut sliced tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a bowl, stir together the soy sauce, maple syrup, ketchup, vinegar, and hot sauce. Stir in sesame seeds, garlic powder, black pepper, and liquid smoke. Gently stir tofu cubes into sauce. Cover, and marinate at least 5 minutes.
- Place the tofu on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn tofu, and bake until the tofu turns golden brown, about 15 minutes more.