This cajun roast beef with black pepper flavor is awesome tasty.This cajun roast beef recipe is not spicy, but it has the garlic and thyme that meld to make the savory, regional flavor. We like to serve the beef on toasted rolls with garlic mayonnaise.
Ingredients of cajun roast beef with black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 2 pounds beef eye of round roast
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make cajun roast beef with black pepper:
- Stir the hot pepper sauce, garlic, horseradish, thyme, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, olive oil, and malt vinegar together in a bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Pierce the beef roast all over with a meat fork. Place the roast in a large, resealable plastic bag. Spoon in the marinade and turn the roast so it’s well coated. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally if desired.
- When ready to cook, place the roast in a slow cooker along with any remaining marinade. Do not add water. Roast on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or until desired doneness. For medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 135 degrees F (57 degrees C). Remove from the slow cooker to a serving plate, and allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing across the grain.