To make calzone with bread is easy and also quick,we need only 50 minutes.Really delicious and yummy.The dough is prepared in the bread machine, and then it’s filled with Italian sausage, pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese.You can serve with pasta.
Ingredients of calzone with bread:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup sliced Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
How to make calzone with bread:
- To Make Dough: Put flour, salt,water, yeast, sugar, and powdered milk in the pan of the bread machine, in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Dough cycle. After cycle is completed, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage for about 8 to 10 minutes in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain excess fat and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (about 175 degrees C).
- Shape dough into a 16 inch by 10 inch rectangle. Move to a lightly greased cookie sheet, and spoon pizza sauce lengthwise down the center of the dough, followed by the browned sausage and the cheese. Make diagonal cuts 1 1/2 inches apart down each long side of the dough rectangle, cutting to within 1/2 inch of the filling. Criss-cross cut strips of dough over the filling and seal edges with water. Brush top of calzone with melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (about 175 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.