To make Cherry Cobbler with fresh cherries is easy with super common ingredients, and a super nice finished product.Crust was golden and crackly on top, tender but not soggy. I’ll try with blackberries & peaches also, this summer.
Ingredients of Cherry Cobbler Recipes with fresh cherries:
- 3 1/2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
How to make Cherry Cobbler with fresh cherries:
- Mix 3/4 cup sugar, butter or margarine, salt, flour,baking powder, and milk together. Place cherries in the bottom of a 9 inch square pan. Spread dough over cherries.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in boiling water. Pour mixture over the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Serve warm.