- 9 Cup Cones (Askeys)
- 0.25 tsp Baking Powder
- 25 grams Cocoa Powder sieved
- 75 grams Self Raising White Flour (Allinson Nature Friendly)
- 2 Free Range Eggs beaten
- 100 grams Golden Caster Sugar (Billington’s)
- 100 grams Butter at room temperature
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder sieved
- 150 grams Icing Sugar (Silver Spoon Homegrown)
- 50 grams Butter
- 500 grams Ready Rolled White Icing (Silver Spoon Create)
- 500 grams Green Food Colour (Silver Spoon Create)
- 500 grams Pink Food Colour (Silver Spoon Create)
- 500 grams Lilac Food Colouring
- 500 grams Icing Sugar (Silver Spoon Homegrown) alittle
- 500 grams Flower cutters
How to make Askeys Flower Pots :
- Heat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, gas 4.
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs a little at a time until smooth, adding a little flour if the mixture curdles. method tip
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and cocoa until smooth.
- Place a dessertspoon full in each ice cream cup, and place them inside a cupcake tin to keep them standing upright, bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Allow to cool completely
- To make the buttercream: place the butter in a bowl with 1-2 tsp boiling water, add the icing sugar and cocoa, and beat until smooth. Spread each cake with a little of the icing.
- To decorate: Divide the sugar paste into quarters and colour one piece green and the other three pieces any shades you like. Silverspoon cake craft colours will give lovely delicate shades, for deeper colours use concentrated paste food colours. method tip
- Keep the Ready to Roll icing wrapped in cling film when not in use.
- Roll small balls of green icing into oval shapes, flatted slightly into leaf shapes then score with the back of a knife to make veins. Place 3 leaves on each cake.
- Roll the coloured icing thinly on a worksurface dusted with icing sugar and use flower cutters to cut out blossoms. Add little balls of complimentary coloured icing for the centre of the flowers and arrange on top of the leaves.
The cakes will keep for 2-3 days in a cake tinYou may also like other recipes: