This frozen treat is perfect for those lazy days of summer gatherings. Guests will “ooh” and “aah” when they see the surprise filling
Ingredients to make Banana Split Cake :
- Maraschino cherries
- Chopped nuts
- chocolate, caramel or strawberry ice cream topping (or a combination)
- 4 cups sweetened whipped cream + additional for garnish
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 pint (2 cups) strawberry ice cream , softened
- 2 eggs
- aquarter cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana bread & muffin mix
How to make Banana Split Cake:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray both pans in set with vegetable pan spray.
- Prepare bread mix with water, oil and eggs following package instructions. Divide evenly between prepared pans; bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out with just a few crumbs attached. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine ice cream and strawberries; spoon into cooled cake cavities. Assemble cake by inverting one layer onto second layer. Spatula ice with whipped cream. Drizzle with ice cream topping; sprinkle nuts over top. Freeze at least 4 hours. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional whipped cream and cherries.
You may also like other recipes: