Have you ever make quick Glazed mango sponge anyway? To make quick Glazed mango sponge is easy and quick.
Ingredients of quick Glazed mango sponge :
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 30 g (1 oz) desiccated coconut
- 1 ahalf tsp baking powder
- 170 g (6 oz) plain flour
- finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 120 ml (4 fl oz) sunflower oil
- 115 g (4 oz) plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 170 g (6 oz) caster sugar
- 1 ripe mango
How to make easy and quick Glazed mango sponge:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF, gas mark 4). Grease a loose-bottomed 18 cm (7 in) square deep cake tin, or a 20 cm (8 in) round deep cake tin, and line the bottom with baking parchment.
- Peel the mango. Cut the flesh away from the stone and cut it into thin slices. Arrange over the bottom of the prepared cake tin.
- Put the caster sugar, eggs, yogurt, oil and lime zest into a large bowl and stir until smooth and well mixed. Sift over the flour and baking powder and fold in, together with the coconut.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin, over the sliced mango, and level the top. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch, covering with foil after 30 minutes if the cake begins to brown too much.
- 5 Leave the cake in the tin for about 15 minutes, then turn out onto the rack of a grill pan, mango-side up, and peel off the lining paper. Thickly dust with the icing sugar and place under a preheated hot grill for 3–4 minutes or until the sugar has melted and is golden. Leave to cool on the rack.
- Transfer the cake to a plate for serving. Any leftover cake can be covered with cling film and kept in the fridge for 2–3 days.