To make Glazed Lemon Chiffon Cake is easy and quick
Ingredients to make Glazed Lemon Chiffon Cake:
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons butter , melted
- ahalf teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 ahalf tablespoons grated lemon zest
- aquarter cup water
- aquarter cup lemon juice
- 8 eggs , separated
- ahalf cup vegetable oil
- ahalf teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ahalf cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
How to make Glazed Lemon Chiffon Cake :
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large bowl, sift flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Add oil, egg yolks, lemon juice, water and lemon zest; whisk until well combined. In large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tarter with electric mixer to stiff peaks. Fold 1/3 of whipped whites into the batter to lighten. Gently fold in the remaining whites until mixture is combined; do not overmix or batter will deflate. Pour into ungreased pan; tap gently on counter to release air pockets.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until cake springs back when touched. Invert pan immediately after removing from oven; cool completely. Run knife around the sides and center of cake to loosen.
- For glaze, combine butter, zest, confectioners’ sugar, juice and vanilla in medium bowl; stir until smooth. Pour over cooled cake and spread with spatula. Glaze that drips off cake can be scooped back up with spatula. Glaze will set hard within 30 minutes.
You may also like other recipes: