To make Orange Sheet Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing is easy and quick
Ingredients to make Orange Sheet Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing:
- Orange Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 aquarter cups buttermilk
- aquarter teaspoons orange extract
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- 1 ahalf teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 third quarter cup granulated sugar
- third quarter cup (1-1/2 stick) butter, softened
- ahalf teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 ahalf cups all-purpose flour
How to make Orange Sheet Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 9 x 13 in. sheet pan with vegetable pan spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, orange zest, baking powder and salt. In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar 1/4 cup at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as needed; when combined, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla and orange extracts. Add half of flour mixture; beat on low speed until nearly combined. Add buttermilk to moisten; add in remaining flour mixture, beating until just incorporated. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 25-33 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan completely before icing.
- When cake is completely cool, spread orange cream cheese icing over the top.
You may also like other recipes: