To make Pumpkin Roll Cake is easy and quick
Ingredients to make Pumpkin Roll Cake:
- pecan halves
- 6 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping
- one third cup caramel ice cream topping
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate , melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese , softened
- Filling & Icing
- ahalf cup ground pecans
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- two third cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup granulated sugar , divided
- 4 eggs , separated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- third quarter cup all-purpose flour
How to make Pumpkin Roll Cake:
- For the cake, preheat oven to 375ºF. Line base of 11 x 17 in. jelly roll pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder; set aside. In large bowl, beat egg yolks until frothy with electric mixer. Add 1/2 cup sugar; continue beating 3-5 minutes. Add pumpkin and flour mixture; mix until well combined.
- In separate bowl, beat egg whites until frothy with electric mixer. Add lemon juice; continue beating 2 minutes. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar; continue beating until soft peaks form. Sprinkle ground pecans over egg whites; gently fold in. Fold yolk mixture into egg white mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove cake from oven. Gently loosen edges of cake from pan. Carefully turn cake onto cooling rack lined with a clean kitchen towel. Cool cake 3-5 minutes. Carefully remove parchment paper. Starting at a short edge, roll up cake with kitchen towel. Transfer rolled cake to cooling rack; cool completely.
- For icing, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, melted chocolate and caramel topping with electric mixer. Gently stir in whipped topping. To fill cake, gently unroll cake. Spread about 1/3 of the icing evenly over surface. Gently re-roll cake (without kitchen towel). Trim off ends of roll using serrated knife. Transfer to serving platter.
- Spatula ice pumpkin roll. Alternate rows of pecan halves and tip #21 icing shells.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours or until ready to serve.