To make yummy chocolate marble cake recipe is easy and also quick, you need only maximum 45 minutes to make this. What is marble cake anyway? A marble cake is a cake with a marked or spotted appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It usually a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake, in which case it is mainly vanilla, with streaks of chocolate. The other flavors are strawberry or other fruit flavors, or (particularly in marbled coffee cakes) cinnamon and/or other spices. Marble cake is my classic childhood cooking memory. Whether using lurid colors for a colored finish, or just chocolate and vanilla, it’s a teatime treat.
Ingredients of yummy chocolate marble cake:
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 225g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g butter, softened
How to make yummy chocolate marble cake recipe:
- First,Heat up the oven to 180C or gas 160C or gas 4. Lubricate a 20 cm cake tin and line the bottom with a circle of greaseproof paper. If you want to make life easy, simply put all the ingredients (except the cocoa powder) into a food processor and whir for 1-2 minutes until smooth. If you prefer to mix by hand, beat the butter and sugar together, then add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Fold through the flour, milk and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
- Now allocate the mixture between 2 bowls. Stir the cocoa powder into the mixture in one of the bowls. Take 2 spoons and use them to dollop the chocolate and vanilla cake mixes into the tin alternately. When all the mixture has been used up ( you’ll need to ensure the base of the tin is fairly evenly covered), tap the bottom on your work surface to ensure that there aren’t any air bubbles. Take a skewer and swirl it around the mixture in the tin a few times to create a marbled effect.
- The last, bake the cake for about 45-55 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Turn out onto a cooling rack and leave to cool. Will keep for 3 days in an airtight container or freeze for up to 3 months.
The second chocolate marble cake recipe also our family favors with icing sugar.
Ingredients of chocolate marble cake with icing sugar
- 20 g butter, chopped
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 cup ( or about 150g) icing sugar
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 cup ( or about 250ml) milk
- 2 and ahalf cups or about 375g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (or about 220g) caster sugar
- 150 g butter
- 2 tbs boiling water
How to make chocolate marble cake with icing
- The First, You can preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 22cm (top) fluted ring bundt pan. Beat 150g butter and 1 cup (220g) caster sugar until pale and creamy. Beat in 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- Fold in 2 and ahalf cups (about 375g) self-raising flour and 1 cup (250ml) milk. Divide mixture into 2 portions. Stir in 1 tbs cocoa powder to one portion. Alternately spoon the mixtures into the pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Mix 1 cup (about 150g) icing sugar, 2 tbs cocoa powder, 20g butter, chopped. Stir in 2 tbs boiling water. Pour over the cake to serve.