Breakfast Casserole with french toast can be served with syrup for topped and homemade sweetened whipped cream.
Ingredients of Breakfast French Toast Casserole
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups bread cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to make Breakfast French Toast Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C ( or about 350 degrees F ). Lightly butter an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Line bottom of pan with bread cubes. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt and vanilla. pour egg mixture over bread. Dot with margarine; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. Bake in preheated oven about 45 to 50 minutes, until top is golden.
You may also like other recipes: