To make potato casserole with flake cereal is easy and also quick casserole recipes, we need only 45 minutes to make this casserole recipes.A cheese and hash brown mixture is covered with a simple, crunchy topping and baked to perfection.I have made this several times for dinners.You can use frosted flakes for the topping. Everyone loves it.You have to try this potato casserole recipes, it’s yummy.
Ingredients of potato casserole with flake cereal recipes:
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flake cereal
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup melted butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make potato casserole with flake cereal:
- Heat up oven to 350 degrees F (or about 175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the hash brown potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, pepper, onion,salt, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and cheddar cheese. Move the mixture to the casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the whole wheat flake cereal and remaining butter; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (or about 175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.