Posted on : 10-05-2013 | By : admin | In : beef
Today we have found the easy and quick corned beef recipe. To make this corned beef we need 40 minutes to cook this recipe. This is the exactly how I make my corned beef hash. I, too, make sure that when I buy a corned beef, I buy one extra big so I can have a piece leftover for this hash. Its so yummy corned beef. I usually bake a few long white potatoes a day or so before I make the hash. You could also use the leftover potatoes if you started out with a New England Boiled Dinner. This is way better than canned hash.
Ingredients of easy and quick corned beef recipe:
- A half teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- A quarter teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pounds cooked corned beef, cubed
- 1 large carrot, coarsely shredded
- 5 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into a quarter-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt to taste (optional)
How to make easy corned beef hash
How to make easy and quick corned beef recipe:
- Dissolve the butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion just until it begins to brown, about 8 minutes; stir in the potatoes and carrot, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cubed corned beef, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Let the mixture cook until hash is crisp and browned, stirring often, 10 to 15 more minutes.
And the second recipe for corned beef which we found called “Sweet spiced Corned Beef”. But this is slow cooker corned beef recipe. But it is so easy to make.
How to make Sweet spiced corned beef
Ingredients of Sweet spiced Corned Beef:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- a quarter cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup water
- 4 and a half pounds corned beef, rinsed
How to make Sweet spiced corned beef:
- First, You can preheat oven to 175 degrees C or about 350 degrees F
- Coat a large pan with non-stick cooking spray. Put corned beef in dish and add water. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 2 hours; drain liquid.
- In a small bowl mix apricot preserves, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Spread the apricot mixture evenly over the corned beef.
- Bake uncovered at 175 degrees C or about 350 degrees F, 25 to 30 more minutes, or until the meat is tender; basting occasionally with pan drippings.
- Slice corned beef across grain and serve.
All the 2 corned beef recipe we found are so easy to make and yet delicious.
You may also like other recipes:
Posted on : 08-01-2013 | By : admin | In : beef
Do you know What is osso bucco? Osso Bucco is an Italian dish of braised veal shanks. I’ve eaten it several times in a fine Italian restaurants. This is a great recipe that our family really loved it which uses pancetta, instead of olive oil, for the browning of the veal and cooking the vegetables. Olive oil is the traditional method, so if you want to skip the pancetta, just substitute several tablespoons of olive oil. But the pancetta adds a lovely flavor dimension, and is probably the secret ingredient that has me liking osso buco for the first time. So use it if you can. Note: Pancetta is Italian bacon. Osso Bucco means “hole of bone” because this marrow provides the rich flavor to the sauce. The gremolata (chopped herb condiment typically made of parsley, lemon zest and garlic) is an important garnish for this dish, don’t skip. So lets we start to make this osso bucco recipe.
Ingredients of osso bucco recipes:
- 2.5 to 3 pounds veal shanks (6 pieces about 3 inches thick)
- a half cup diced carrot (one quarter inch cubes)
- One quarter pound pancetta, diced 1/4 inch cubes (do not substitute bacon)
- a half cup diced celery (one quarter inch cubes)
- Flour for dusting the meat before browning
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups chicken or veal stock
- 1 medium onion, diced 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp (about 4 cloves) chopped garlic
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme (or about 1 tsp dried)
- 1 cup dry white wine
How to make Osso Bucco with white wine:
1. First Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Second,heat up a dutch oven on the stove top over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add pancetta to pan, cook, stirring occasionally. When the pancetta is crispy and most of the fat has rendered (about 5 minutes of cooking), take off the pancetta to a plate covered with some paper towel and set aside. If needed, drain off all but two tablespoons of the fat from the pan.
3. Flavor the veal shank well with salt and pepper. Dredge the veal shanks through some flour, shake off any excess, and add the meat to the hot fat in the pan. Rise the heat to medium high and cook the meat on each side until well browned (about 5 minutes per side). Remove the shanks to a plate, set aside.
4. Add the carrots,celery and onions to the dutch oven. Cook the onion mixture, stirring frequently, until the onions are transparent (about 5 minutes) and toss in the garlic and thyme. Continue cooking until the vegetables just begin to brown (about 10 minutes).
5 Combine the shanks and the pancetta back to the pan. Pour in the wine, and then add enough stock to come a little more than half way up the side of the shanks. Bring to a simmer. Cover the pan and put it in the oven to cook until the meat is tender, about an hour to an hour and a half.
6 MIx the gremolata ingredients, take in a separate small serving dish.
You can serve on top of risotto or polenta. Sprinkle with gremolata.
How to make easy osso bucco recipe with white wine
This has to be one of the best osso i have eaten, even better than some that I have had at Italian restaurants.This osso bucco recipe is so good and so easy. You can substitute red wine, but still excellent.
This recipe is a combination of all the best attributes of the others. Good with rissoto or pasta. This definitly will become a family favorite. To enhance the flavors, you can prepare this a day ahead of time, let it cool slowly, refrigerate overnight and warm at 325 for an hour, tightly sealed. This always works for me with dishes that include bone with marrow.
You may also like other recipes: