Posted on : 04-06-2012 | By : admin | In : low fat recipe
Zucchini and Chickpea Recipe is a low-cholesterol and low-fat diet recipes. The zucchini or courgette is a summer squash which is a hybrid of the cucumber. Chickpeas are a small legume or pea, they are usually sold precooked in cans, or dried; the latter must be soaked before cooking.
Ingredients Of Saute zucchini and chickpea
- 1 (or about 15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 zucchini, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, or to taste
How to make Saute zucchini and Chickpeas:
- Heat up oven to 175 degrees C or about 350 degrees F . Oil the shallow baking dish.
- Scoop out the flesh of the zucchini; chop the flesh and set aside. Put the shells in the prepared dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions for about 5 minutes, then add garlic and saute 2 minutes more. Stir in chopped zucchini and mushrooms; saute 5 minutes. Stir in cumin, coriander,pepper, parsley,lemon juice, salt and chickpeas . Spoon mixture into zucchini shells.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until zucchini are tender. Served.
You may also like other recipes: