Posted on : 18-03-2013 | By : admin | In : Meat
To cook meatloaf is easy and also quick. We will share the basic meatloaf recipe also. Once you have mastered this best basic meatloaf recipe, you can trick it out and make it your own. Consider crazy glazes, wrapping the whole thing in bacon, or swapping out some or all of the recommended meats for another ground meat.
If you want to add some spice, swap out 1 pound of the ground meat for 1 pound of hot Italian sausage. Just remove the casing and crumble the sausage meat before mixing.
Ingredients of basic meatloaf recipe
- 1 and half pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- one third cup ketchup
How to cook basic meatloaf recipe:
- Heat up oven to 175 degrees C or about 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, mix the onion, milk, beef, egg and bread or you can use cracker crumbs. Flavor with pepper and salt to taste and place in a lightly greased 5×9 inch loaf pan, or form into a loaf and place in a lightly lubricated 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, blend the mustard, brown sugar, and ketchup. Combine well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake at about 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
That basic meatloaf recipe is so yummy and also easy to make. You can use another meat like bacon. Here is the second best basic meatloaf recipe.
Ingredients of meatloaf recipe:
- 2 pounds ground meat, meat loaf mix ( you can use ground pork, beef and veal)
- 1/2 cup mustard, Dijon adds a nice bite
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs, beaten
Instruction how to make easy meatloaf recipe:
- Heat up the oven to about 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients and mix until evenly combined. Mix it up with your hands, get a little dirty, it’s all good.
- When we salt and pepper says to taste in this case, we do not mean you should taste this raw meat mixture. The instruction just means add as much salt and pepper as you’d like. A good sprinkle of each should do it.
- You can make one large loaf or 2 small loafs from your mixture. Either way place your loaf/ loaves onto a baking sheet. Place in the preheated oven for 1 hour for 1 large loaf. If you are going for 2 smaller loaves, reduce cooking time to about 45 minutes.
- For an easy coating you can top the loaf/ loaves with barbecue sauce or ketchup half way through cooking.