This Chicken in chicken broth with fresh cilantro recipe is so yummy and tasty. A must try for those that enjoy cilantro as much as i do and who are always looking for new ideas to use it. Also baked up some corn tortillas and served those on the side. Definitely a make again.
Ingredients of chicken in chicken broth with fresh cilantro recipe
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (7 ounce) can green salsa
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 2 cups cooked, cubed or shredded chicken meat
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
How to cook chicken in chicken broth with fresh cilantro:
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft, then stir in cilantro. Add tomatillo sauce (use fresh if desired) and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken and broth , mix all together and heat through (do not over-stir the chicken). Serve hot.