To cook chop suey recipe with black pepper is easy and also quick, we need only 20 minutes to cook this chop suey. You can serve over hot rice, topped with chow mein noodles and soy sauce, if desired.Note:Chop Suey is a Chinese dish consisting of meat (often chicken, fish, beef, prawns, or pork) and eggs, cooked quickly with vegetables such as bean sprouts, cabbage, and celery and bound in a starch-thickened sauce.This chop suey recipes is so delicious and you have to try this.
Ingredients of chop suey recipe
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained and rinsed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced pork loin, you can substitute with diced chicken breast
- 1/4 cup shortening
How to make chop suey recipe with black pepper:
- Heat shortening in a large, deep skillet. Burn pork until it turns white, then add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add salt,celery, hot water, and pepper. Cover skillet and simmer for 5 minutes. Add sprouts and heat to boiling.
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce,cold water, cornstarch, and sugar. Blend together and add to skillet mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until thickened to taste.