To cook butter chicken recipe is really easy and also quick. This butter chicken recipe has an original taste both indonesian style and indian style also. We have 2 easy to make recipe. Usually butter chicken is the popular indian food. Now how to make it with Indonesian style. Indonesian has a lot of spice that make this recipe really tasty. The taste gravy and can be made as hot or mild as you like so it suits most palates. Butter Chicken tastes great with black lentils, Naans and a green salad. This is savory recipe for Butter Chicken. It has been tried and tested and it is loved by everybody that has eaten it. We hope your family will like it too. We nee maximum 45 minutes to cook this. So what we need to cook it?
Ingredient of butter chicken recipe:
- 1 kg boneless chicken skin removed
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsps garlic paste
- 2 onions chopped
- 3 tbsps vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- 1 cup fresh yoghurt (must not be sour)
- Seeds from 3-4 pods of cardamom
- 8-10 almonds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 inch stick of cinnamon
- 8-10 peppercorns
- 6 cloves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to suit your taste)
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 3 tbsp unmelted, soft butter
- 2 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- ahalf litre chicken stock
- 400g of chopped tomatoes, ground into a smooth paste in a food processor
- A quarter tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
How to cook easy butter chicken recipe:
- First Combine the salt, chicken, lime juice, and red chilli powder in a large bowl. You can cover and let marinate for about 1 hour.
- Heat a flat pan or griddle on medium heat and gently roast (stirring frequently) the cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns, bay leaves and almonds till they darken slightly. Cool and add the cardamom seeds. Now grind into a coarse powder in a clean, dry coffee grinder.
- Now add the yoghurt, above whole spice powder (from previous step), cumin,turmeric powders and coriander together and bring them to the chicken. Let it marinate for another hour.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan on medium heat. When hot, add the onions. Fry till a pale golden brown in color and then add the ginger and garlic pastes. Fry for a minute.
- Add only the chicken from the chicken-spice mix and fry till sealed (chicken will turn opaque and the flesh will go from pink to whitish in color).
- Now add the chicken stock, tomato paste, kasuri methi and remaining part of the yogurt-spice mix to the chicken.
- Cook till the chicken is tender and the gravy is reduced to half its original volume.
- Melt the butter in another small pan and then pour it over the chicken.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- For an original taste, you can cooked-over the coals flavor. When you look the Butter Chicken is cooked, make a small bowl shape with aluminum foil and place it on top of the curry ( you can ‘floating’ on it).
- Heat a block of charcoal on an open flame till red hot and gently put the charcoal in to the aluminum foil bowl. Cover the dish immediately.
- Eliminate the cover just before serving, discard the foil bowl and charcoal and serve. The curry will be infused with a smokey flavor.
The second is also my favorite butter chicken recipe. The taste of the second is more original indian style.
Original Indian Taste Butter Chicken Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons tandoori masala
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 and ahalf pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 ( or about 15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, minced
How to make Indian Butter Chicken recipe:
- Heat up the oven to 190 degrees C or about 375 degrees F
- Now you can dissolve a few tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook slowly until the onion caramelizes to a dark brown, about 15 minutes.
- Temporarily melt the remaining butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat along with the heavy cream, salt, tomato sauce, garam masala and cayenne pepper. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low; cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then stir in caramelized onions.
- While the sauce is simmering, mix cubed chicken breast with vegetable oil until coated, then season with tandoori masala and spread out onto a baking sheet.
- The last step, Bake the chicken in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. When it is done, you can add the chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes before serving.