To cook Grilled Chicken Adobo is so easy and also yummy. Grilled Chicken Adobo is a very tasty and easy-to-make Filipino chicken dish made with soy sauce, garlic, and vinegar. I can just as easily double or triple the chicken in this recipe to serve guests at a party. Serve over rice with just a little of the sauce (not too much). It has the perfect amount of soy sauce. You can also cook this all in one pan in the oven.This Grilled Chicken Adobo has wonderful flavor. Halved the soy sauce, doubled the water. Returned the grilled, cooked chicken to the reduced sauce for a few minutes to infuse the flavor again.
Ingredients of Grilled Chicken Adobo:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
How to cook Grilled Chicken Adobo:
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- In a large pot, mix soy sauce, water, vinegar, honey, garlic, bay leaves, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, and place the chicken into the pot. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove chicken, drain on paper towels, and set aside. Discard bay leaves. Return the mixture to a boil, and cook until reduced to about 1 1/2 cups.
- Place chicken on the prepared grill, about 5 minutes on each side, until browned and crisp. Serve with the remaining soy sauce mixture.