This roast chicken with black pepper is really tasty to the mouth and also easy to make.To cook roast chicken with black pepper for healthy dinner we need about 40 minutes to cook, its quick.You can serve this roast chicken recipes with mashed potatoes and throw extra sauce on top. This is the best roast chicken i’ve ever made for healthy dinner.
Ingredients of roast chicken with black peppers for healthy dinner recipes:
- 4 (about 6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots (about 1 large)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
How to cook roast chicken with black peppers for healthy dinner :
- Heat up oven to 450.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat. Mix 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, fennel seeds, and oregano. Brush chicken with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle spice rub over chicken. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add chicken; cook about 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over; cook 1 minute. Arrange chicken in an 11 x 7–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for about 10 minutes or until done.
- Heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots,bell peppers, and rosemary; saute about 3 minutes. Stir in broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat; simmer for about 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve bell pepper mixture over chicken.