To make chicken fajitas on the grill with skinless chicken breast is easy and also quick, we need only 1 hour to make this chicken fajitas recipes.This chicken fajitas is really yummy and flavorful.This is the best chicken fajitas i’ve found, you have to try this chicken fajitas recipe.
Ingredients of chicken fajitas recipe:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium bell pepper (any color), cored and sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 8 (6-inch) tortillas (corn or flour)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Salsa for serving (optional)
- Guacamole for serving (optional)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
How to make chicken fajitas on the grill:
- Put the coriander, cumin,cilantro, garlic, chili powder, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a shallow baking dish and whisk to mix. Add the chicken and turn to coat with the marinade. Set the chicken aside for at least 10 minutes, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Heat a grill pan to medium. Once hot, add the chicken pieces, flavor with salt and pepper, and cook undisturbed until well browned on the bottom, about 10 minutes. Flip, flavor the second side with salt and pepper, and cook undisturbed until well browned on the bottom and cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Remove the chicken to a cutting board and let it rest while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Set the grill pan aside.
- Warm the tortillas by heating a medium cast iron or frying pan over high heat until hot, about 3 minutes. Put the tortilla in the dry pan and heat, flipping once, until warmed on both sides. Wrap the tortilla in a clean dishtowel to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Put the onion and bell pepper in a medium bowl, drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, flavor with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Return the grill pan to medium heat and add the vegetables in a single layer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and slightly charred, about 10 minutes. Remove the vegetables to a serving dish.
- Slice the chicken into 1/2-inch-thick pieces and place in the serving dish with the vegetables. To serve, fill a warm tortilla with chicken and vegetables and top with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream (if using).