To make chicken tortilla soup with chicken broth is easy and very tasty.This chicken tortilla soup is the best soup that i’ve found.This tortilla soup recipes is as close to authentic as possible.You have to try this recipes.
Ingredients of chicken tortilla soup with chicken broth:
- vegetable oil
- 7 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
How to make chicken tortilla soup with chicken broth:
- Put enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles,chicken, tomatoes, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, salt, pepper,chili powder and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (about 200 degrees C).
- Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.