Do you know what is dumplings? According to Wikipedia,Dumplings are cooked balls of dough. They are based on flour, potatoes or bread, and may include meat, fish, vegetables, or sweets. They may be cooked by boiling, steaming, simmering, frying, or baking. They may have a filling, or there may be other ingredients mixed into the dough. Dumplings may be sweet or savoury. They can be eaten by themselves, in soups or stews, with gravy, or in any other way. While some dumplings resemble solid water-boiled doughs, such as gnocchi, others such as wontons resemble meatballs with a thin dough covering.
Ingredients of easy chicken dumplings:
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make easy chicken dumplings:
- In a large pot over medium heat, simmer chicken in 6 cups water until no longer pink. Remove chicken, cool and shred.
- Return shredded chicken to pot and stir in butter, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken reaches desired tenderness, 15 to 60 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together baking mix and milk until smooth. In a separate bowl, stir together flour and 1/2 cup cold water until smooth. Stir flour mixture into soup; bring soup to a rolling boil.
- Drop baking mix mixture by tablespoonfuls into the boiling water, neatly around the chicken. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Then cover and cook 10 minutes more. (Sneak a spatula under the dumplings to prevent chicken from sticking to the bottom of the pot.) Serve hot.