Klaten Grilled chicken is a traditional recipes from Central Java which is located in Indonesia, klaten grilled chicken has fragrant aroma and tasty and will definitely add to tempt your appetite. We recommend to use a young broiler chicken for the better result to this Klaten Grilled chicken recipes.
Ingredients of Klaten Grilled Chicken:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, crushed
- 1 teaspoon tamarind
- 1 whole free-range chicken, cut into 4 sections
- 500 ml coconut milk from 1 grated coconut
- 6 shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 hazelnut
- 1 tablespoon coriander, toasted
- 1 teaspoon pepper grains
- 1 cm turmeric
- 1 cm galangal
- 1 cm ginger
- 20 g of palm sugar
- 2 tsp salt
How to cook Klaten Grilled Chicken:
- Heat oil, fry the spices until fragrant.
- Add bay leaves, and lemongrass. Stir well.
- Enter the chicken pieces, stirring until stiff.
- Pour the coconut milk, stir until boiling.
- Reduce the heat. Cook until sauce is thick and greasy chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken and drain.