Ingredients of Mozzarella Asparagus Chicken Breasts:
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed – divided
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
How to cook Mozzarella Asparagus Chicken Breasts:
- Heat up an oven to 190 degrees Celsius or about 375 degrees F . Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Put each chicken breast between two sheets of heavy plastic (or u can use resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness of about 1/4 inch. Sprinkle each side with pepper and salt.
- Take about 4 spears of asparagus down the center of a chicken breast, and spread about 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese over the asparagus. Repeat with the other chicken breast, and roll the chicken around the asparagus and cheese to make a tidy, compact roll. Put the rolls seam sides down in the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the juices run clear when pricked with a fork, its about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 74 degrees Celsius or about 165 degrees F.
You may also like other recipes: