Snickerdoodles with maple syrup and are loved by all who eat them. They are chewy maple good.The maple flavor is nice, but not overpowering. I added a few extra glugs of syrup. I didn’t look for maple sugar, just used a regular sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles with maple syrup:
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
How to make easy Snickerdoodles with maple syrup:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (or about 175 degrees C). Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup of white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and maple syrup. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients until just mixed. In a small dish, mix together the remaining 1/2 cup white sugar and the maple sugar. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and roll the balls in the sugar mixture. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies will be crackly on top and look wet in the middle. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.