This oatmeal cookies with vanilla flavor is yummy.This is the perfect oatmeal cookie recipe.You can add the oatmeal cookies with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
Ingredients of oatmeal cookies:
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oats (we use Quaker Quick or Old Fashioned. Do not use instant.)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (use 1/2 cup if using raisins)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
How to make Oatmeal cookies :
- First, Cream shortening and sugars, add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to first mixture and mix well. Add a tablespoon of water. Add raisins (if using) and nuts. Add oats last.
- Spoon out by heaping tablespoonfuls on to greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350°F. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
You may also like other recipes: