To cook polenta with canola oil is easy and also quick, we need only 25 minutes to cook.This polenta recipes is so flavorful and also yummy.Bits of sweet red pepper peek through these pretty polenta squares that have a slightly sweet corn flavor and are generously seasoned with sage.You have to try this polenta recipes because this is the best polenta recipes i’ve ever found.
Ingredients of polenta recipes:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
How to cook polenta with canola oil:
- In a large nonstick saucepan, saute the onion, garlic and red pepper in butter until tender. Stir in water and milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Gradually whisk in cornmeal, whisking constantly to prevent lumping. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until cornmeal is tender.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, sage,pepper and salt. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for about 30-45 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into 12 squares. In a large nonstick skillet, cook polenta in batches in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve warm.