This Amaretto Pineapple Cupcake Recipe was featured in the 1st Episode of the 1st series of Baking Mad with Eric Lanlard on Channel 4. Made and created by Eric Lanlard himself this offers perfect baking inspiration.
Ingredients of Amaretto Pineapple Cupcakes :
- 400 ml Double Cream
- 50 ml amaretto
- 120 ml Milk
- 0.50 tsp Pure Almond Extract (Nielsen-Massey)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (Nielsen-Massey)
- 3 Free Range Eggs room temperature
- 160 grams Golden Caster Sugar (Billington’s)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 30 grams Almonds ground
- 175 grams Plain White Flour (Allinson Nature Friendly)
- 125 grams Butter unsalted, room temperature
- 1 Vanilla Pods (Nielsen-Massey)
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 100 ml Double Cream
- 100 ml amaretto
- 100 ml amaretto
- 1 Pineapple small
How to make Amaretto Pineapple Cupcakes :
- Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas 4 and line a cupcake tray with paper cases. Whisk together flour, ground almonds, baking powder.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Mix in extracts. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of milk, and mixing until just combined. method tip
- Divide batter among prepared cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake, for 18-20 until a cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Transfer tins to wire racks; immediately poke holes all over tops of cupcakes with a toothpick. Pour a teaspoon of amaretto over the top of each cupcake. Let cool completely before removing from tins. method tip
- For Flambed Pineapple; Peel and core the pineapple and cut into pieces. Heat sugar in a large pan over medium-high, stirring, until sugar melts and turns golden brown. Add pineapple; toss.