These cupcake cornets will have everyone talking! Fun to make and fun to eat too!
Ingredients of Askeys Torch Cupcakes :
- 12 Cornet Cups (Askeys)
- 100 grams Self Raising White Flour (Allinson Nature Friendly)
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 100 grams Golden Caster Sugar (Billington’s)
- 100 grams Butter at room temperature
Ingredients of Additional :
- Gold Lustre
- 1 sachet Red Food Colouring
- 175 grams Icing Sugar (Silver Spoon Homegrown)
- 50 grams Butter
How to make Askeys Torch Cupcakes :
- Heat the oven to 180°c, 160°C fan, gas 4. Place the Askeys cornets into a deep cupcake tray.
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs a little at a time until smooth, adding a little flour if the mixture curdles. method tip
- Stir in the flour and fold in until smooth
- Place a heaped dessertspoon full into each cornet and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown and just firm to the touch.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely. method tip
- Make the butter cream by mixing the butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy, adding a drop of boiling water if necessary.
- Divide the butter cream in half, colour one half with a little red food colouring. Place a large star shaped nozzle in a piping bag. The red icing down one side of the bag and the white icing down the other side so that when piped the two colours swirl together.
- Pipe a swirl of icing on each cake then brush a few strokes of gold luster over the icing to enhance the flames. If you like, you can brush the top of the cornets with gold luster too.
- The cakes will keep for 3-4 days in a cake tin.