Today on 28 March 2013, we want to share our best Banana Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream. To make Banana cupcake with Vanilla is easy and also quick, only 25 minutes to make it. It’s delicious banana cupcake we’ve ever found. It is yummy and healthy cupcakes, they almost melt in the mouth when eaten. We are a big fans of cupcake recipe especially fruity with pastry cream just about as much as frosting.
Ingredients of Banana Cupcakes recipe:
- a half cup buttermilk
- 1 and a half cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.75 cups granulated sugar
- a quarter cup vegetable shortening, at room temperature
- a half cup (or about 4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- a half teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.25 teaspoons baking powder
- 2.75 cups all-purpose flour
Ingredients of Vanilla Cream:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a quarter teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- A half cup granulated sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3 cups half-and-half
How to make Banana Cupcake
- First heat up the oven to 325 degrees F. Take two 12-cup cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Now beat together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into a large bowl and set aside.
- In the medium bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and shortening together on medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the vanilla and sugar then beat on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the bowl, add the eggs, and beat until just mixed. Scrape down the bowl again and add the bananas. Beat until just combined. Turn the mixer to low. Add the flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, in 3 additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Scrape down the bowl, then mix on low speed for a few more seconds.
- The last step, now you can fill the cupcake liners about three-quarters full. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through the baking time, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Move the pans to a wire rack and let cool for 20 minutes. Eliminate the cupcakes from the pans and place them on the rack to cool completely.
How to make the vanilla cream icing
- First you can do is to set a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, take the half-and-half to a simmer and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks, cornstarch, salt and sugar together until the mixture is pale, about 1 minute. Beat half of the warm half-and-half into the egg yolk mixture, then pour that mixture into the remaining half-and-half in the saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla. Strain the pastry cream through the sieve and press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the cream to prevent a skin from forming. Put in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, or until chilled.
To build the perfect banana cupcake we have some tips for icing : If you have a pastry bag, match the bag with a large tip, fill the bag with the pastry cream, and pipe out enough pastry cream to cover each cupcake.If you do not have a pastry bag, alternatively you can use an ice cream scoop with a release mechanism to scoop the pastry cream and dispense it onto the top of the cupcake. You can also use an offset spatula to frost the cupcakes. Top with a single slice of fresh banana or a dried banana chip.
It is better to serve this pastry cooled. You can either top these with the pastry cream and refrigerate until ready to serve, or keep the cupcakes at room temperature and top with the pastry cream right before serving.