To make Carrot Cake Cupcakes is easy and quick
Ingredients to make Carrot Cake Cupcakes :
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ahalf cup of buttermilk (or add a teaspoon of lemon juice to regular milk and allow to stand for 10 minutes)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pound of carrots
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting :
- 1 ahalf cups of powdered sugar
- 16 oz of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
Beat the cream cheese and butter on medium speed until well combined. Sift in the powdered sugar and mix. Spread onto cooled cupcakes
How to make Carrot Cake Cupcakes :
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350F. Toast the walnuts in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- 2 Rinse the carrots and peel the rough skins off, then grate the carrots.
- 3 Place the carrots, buttermilk, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and orange zest together in a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- 4 In another bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- 5 Fold the flour mixture into the carrot mixture, being sure not to overmix. Fold in the toasted walnuts until evenly incorporated.
- 6 Scoop into cupcake papers about 1/2 to 3/4 full and bake for 19-21 minutes at 350F, being sure to rotate the pan after the first 15 minutes of baking. Afterwards allow to cool for 5 minutes before taking the cupcakes out of the cupcake tin and allowing them to fully cool on a wire rack. Frost cooled cupcakes.