To make Carrot Cake Cupcakes is easy and also quick.
Ingredients to make Carrot Cake Cupcakes :
- third quarter pound carrots, coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 large egg
- ahalf cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- aquarter teaspoon ground nutmeg
- aquarter teaspoon baking soda
- ahalf teaspoon baking powder
- ahalf teaspoon table salt or fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ahalf cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 cup pecans
For the frosting:
- 1 ahalf cups confectioners’ sugar
- pinch table salt or fine sea salt
- ahalf teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces bar cream cheese, at room temperature
How to make Carrot Cake Cupcakes :
- To make the cupcakes: Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing once, until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool, then roughly chop.
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg in a large bowl; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, oil, and egg; fold in the carrots and ½ cup of the pecans. Add the carrot mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined and evenly moistened (do not overmix).
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake, rotating once, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting: Beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and salt with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Refrigerate the frosting until slightly stiffened, 20 to 30 minutes. Frost the cupcakes, dividing the frosting evenly, and top with the remaining ½ cup of pecans.
You may also like other recipes: