To make carrot cake with maple-cream cheese frosting
Ingerdients of carrot cake with maple-cream cheese frosting :
- Line 24 cupcake molds with papers, or butter and flour them.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- ahalf cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cups coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 cups grated peeled carrots
- 4 large eggs
- 1 aquater cups canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ahalf teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
How to make carrot cake with maple-cream cheese frosting :
- Butter two 9-inch-diameter cake pans instead of cupcake molds. Line bottom of pans with waxed paper. Butter and flour paper; tap out excess flour. Divide the batter between the prepared pans, and bake the layers for about 40 minutes each, or until a tester inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 15 minutes. Turn out onto racks. Peel off waxed paper; cool cakes completely.