To make To try to get my family to eat more vegetables, I often “hide” nutritional foods inside sweet treats. The carrots add wonderful moistness to these cupcakes, which have a rich cream cheese frosting. Now we can have our cake and eat our vegetables, too.
Ingredients to make Carrot Cupcakes Recipe:
- 3 cups grated carrots
- ahalf teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- ahalf cup chopped raisins
- ahalf cup chopped pecans
- ahalf cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- aquarter cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
How to make Carrot Cupcakes Recipe :
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, allspice and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in carrots.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing form pans to wire racks.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Stir in the coconut, pecans and raisins. Frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator.