To make cheap cupcake recipe easy and quick
Ingredients to make cheap cupcake recipe :
- 2 x 12-hole muffin tins, lined with paper cases
- Ice-cream scoop (optional)
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 medium eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 250g (8oz) self-raising flour
- 250g (8oz) caster sugar
- 250g (8oz) unsalted butter, softened
How to make cheap cupcake recipe :
- Set the oven to 190°C or Gas Mark 5.
- Tip the butter into a bowl and beat it until softened. Add the sugar, flour, salt, eggs and milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Use a traditional-style ice-cream scoop, or spoon, to divide the mixture between all the paper cases.
- Place both muffin tins in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then swap over the position of the tins over and bake for a further 3-7 minutes, until both trays of cupcakes are a light golden colour.
- Remove the tins from the oven. Leave the cupcakes to cool in the tins for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- Freezing: The cakes are best eaten on the day that they’re baked, but if necessary, once cold, they can be wrapped in freezer bags and frozen for up to 1 month. They will defrost in about 1hour. They can be decorated with the buttercream topping while they are still frozen, which will help to keep them as fresh as possible before serving.
- Flavour variations: If you don’t want plain cupcakes, then try one of these flavours:
- Lemon: Add finely zested rind of 2 lemons to the mixture, and use 4 tablespoons of lemon juice in place of the milk
- Chocolate: Use 2 level tablespoons less flour, and add 2 level tablespoons cocoa
- Rose: Use 1-2 tablespoon less milk and replace with 1-2 tablespoons rose water
- Coffee: Omit the milk and, in its place, use 2 tablespoons instant coffee, dissolved in 4 tablespoons hot water