To make Cupcake Frosting and Filling Recipe easy and quick
Ingredients to make Cupcake Frosting and Filling Recipe :
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or other flavor if you wish
- ahalf cup sugar (that’s granulated sugar, not powdered sugar)
- ahalf cup real butter (I prefer salted, but you can use also
- unsalted and add salt to taste)
- ahalf cup milk (whole milk is best, but I use non-fat when it’s all I have and it’s actually fine)
- 3 tablespoon Flour
How to make Cupcake Frosting and Filling Recipe :
- Whisk together the flour and the milk. Heat in a small sauce pan on medium heat.
- Whisk continuously until it starts to thicken. Let it cook, while stirring with a rubber spatula, until you can start to see the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook until mixture has the consistency of thick pudding or paste.
- Put mixture in the fridge and let it cool completely, it’s fine if it stays in there long enough to get chilly, you just don’t want it warm at all. As it’s cooling, feel free to stir it occasionally to speed up the process and keep it from forming a crust on top.
- It an electric stand mixer, beat the butter and the sugar for a minute or two until well combined and fluffy. You’ll want to use the whisk attachment on a stand mixer if you have one, instead of the flat paddle. Then while beating, add in the thickened milk mixture and the vanilla. Beat to combine and then scrape down the sides. Mixture will separate and look messy, keep beating! Continue beating until mixture comes together and is light and fluffy, about 7-8 minutes, but time varies. Take a sample of frosting between your fingers; frosting is done when light and fluffy and sugar granules are dissolved.