To make Hummingbird Cupcakes is easy and quick
Ingredients of Hummingbird Cupcakes :
- Dried Pineapple Flowers
- Cream Cheese Frosting Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 large)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ahalf teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
How to make Hummingbird Cupcakes :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.with rack in center. Line cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, vanilla, and sugar until combined, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating each before adding the next. Beat at medium speed until mixture is pale yellow and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together banana, pineapple, walnuts, and coconut. Add to egg mixture, mixing until combined. Stir in flour mixture.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 28 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cupcakes have cooled, use a small offset spatula to frost tops of each cupcake. Decorate with dried pineapple flowers, if desired. Serve at room temperature.