To make Pumpkin’s not just for pies. Mix up these cupcakes with canned pumpkin and lots of spice, and top them with your favorite cream cheese frosting for a sweet snack.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Cupcakes :
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ahalf teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ahalf cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- ahalf cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- Kosher salt
- ahalf teaspoon baking soda
- ahalf teaspoon baking powder
- ahalf teaspoon nutmeg
- ahalf teaspoon allspice
- ahalf teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Chopped toasted pecans, for topping
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese
How to make Pumpkin Cupcakes :
- For the pumpkin cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 1 (12-cup) muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and the sugar. Beat with a hand-held mixer until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree and the vanilla extract. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time. Incorporate the dry mixture into the wet mixtures together until thoroughly combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way full. Bake until the tops turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the oven to a wire rack and cool completely before frosting
- For the cream cheese frosting: Add the cream cheese, butter, maple syrup, and salt to a large bowl and beat until creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Top the cupcakes with the frosting and chopped pecans.