Today in 21 January 2013, we will share our restaurant duck breast recipes with secret spices. Why only the duck breast we used? Using just the duck breast rather than a whole duck makes it easier to control the cooking and get perfectly tender meat for this easy dinner party dish. You can serve with steamed rice and bok choy (chinese vegetable). To cook duck breast recipes is easy, lets we start.
Ingredients of restaurant duck breast recipes:
- 4 spring onions , cut into lengths
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- chicken stock fresh, cube or concentrate, about 100 ml
- 2 tsp liquid honey
- 5 duck breasts , look for free-range
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- olive oil for frying
- 2 star anise , broken in half
- 4 bok choi , halved
How to cook restaurant duck breast recipes:
1. First, Cut slashes through the skin and fat of each duck breast, making sure you don’t cut into the flesh. Scrub the duck breasts with the five spice and season well. Heat up a little oil in a heavy frying pan and when it is really hot add the duck breasts skin-side down. Turn the heat down a little and fry for about 10 minutes or until the skin is very crisp and till brown and the fat has started to melt out from under the skin. Tip out any excess fat.
2. Turn the breasts over and add the star anise to the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the duck breasts feel firm to the touch but not too solid, you want them pink in the middle. Take the duck out and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
3.Temporarily, take the bok choy to the pan with the spring onions and cook briefly. Add the rest of the ingredients and bubble together briefly. Plate the duck, bok choy and spring onions and spoon the sauce over.
That’s so yummy duck breast we have tried. We made this for a dinner party for six and everyone enjoyed it. You can fry the breast for 10 minutes then popped it in the oven on 160 deg (fan) for 15 minutes which enabled me to have a pre-dinner drink with your guests. For the sauce lover, you should doubled the quantity of sauce, which can be served with noodles or spaghetti. Tasty and simple duck breast recipes.
Whether you sear duck breast or roast it, it provides a nutritious source of protein, a tender texture and a rich flavor. Duck breast is a lower-calorie meat compared with an equivalent serving of beef steak, substituting lower-calorie foods in the diet is a weight-loss strategy that helps achieve long-term results.
The iron in a duck breast is important for carrying oxygen in the blood to each cell, which prevents fatigue.
For menstruating or pregnant women are weak to iron-deficiency because of nutrient can not be absorbed by body, blood loss and increased nutrient requirements. With the serving of duck breast provides high iron nutrition.