My kids really liked this black pepper catfish creole. I did add some salt and garlic powder to the pepper for more flavor.
Ingredients of black pepper catfish creole:
- 4 whole catfish, cleaned with head and tail removed
- 1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
How to cook black pepper catfish creole
- Pat the catfish dry, and spread a layer of mustard over the surface. Place the cracked pepper onto a plate, and press the coated catfish into the pepper so it is well covered.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the catfish for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes with a fork.
You may also like other recipes: