To cook halibut with rice wine and fresh cilantro is easy and also yummy fish recipes.You can make it with salmon and it’s just as good.The sauce makes the recipe taste like something from a restaurant, but it’s still super easy.
Ingredients of halibut with rice wine recipes:
- 6 (4 ounce) fillets halibut, skin removed
- 1/2 cup mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
How to cook halibut with rice wine:
- Heat oil in non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic and shallots gently until fragrant, but not brown. Stir in black bean sauce, soy sauce, and rice wine. Bring to boil and cook until reduced by half. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar, set aside.
- Pat fish dry. Rub with sesame oil and sprinkle with pepper. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Grill fish for about 5 minutes per side, or just until cooked through. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with sauce poured over top.