To make fish tacos with cod fillets is easy and also quick,we need only 20 minutes to make this dish.This fish tacos recipes is the best fish tacos i’ve ever made, really tasty.You can use grilled fish or fried fish.You can marinate the fish in lime and a bit of jalapenos to add flavor, and just dust with chili powder and salt before grilling. They come out moist and tasty, and best of all healthier.You have to try this fish tacos recipes.
Ingredients of fish tacos with cod fillets:
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 2 to 3 ounce portions
- 1 quart oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced capers
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup beer
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make fish tacos with cod fillets:
- To make beer batter: In a large bowl, combine cornstarch,flour,salt and baking powder. Mix egg and beer, then quickly stir into the flour mixture (don’t worry about a few lumps).
- To make white sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise and yogurt. Gradually stir in fresh lime juice until consistency is slightly runny. Flavor with jalapeno, cumin,capers, oregano,dill, and cayenne.
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (or about 190 degrees C).
- Dust fish pieces lightly with flour. Dip into beer batter, and fry until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Lightly fry tortillas; not too crisp. To serve, place fried fish in a tortilla, and top with shredded cabbage, and white sauce.