This french onion dip with cheese and chips has great onion flavor.To make french onion dip with cheese and chips is easy and also quick, about 25 minutes to make.This french onion dip is healthy dips and also really tasty dips.You have to try this french onion dip recipes.
Ingredients of french onion dip with cheese and chips:
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, 5 to 6 blades
- 1/2 cup water
- black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened in microwave for 20 seconds on high
- Pinch salt, optional
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, a turn of the pan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium onions, quartered lengthwise then very thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme, 1/3 palm full
Ingredients for making chips
- 1 very firm medium sized zucchini, very thinly sliced on a heavy angle
- 2 large carrots, peeled then very thinly sliced on a heavy angle
- 2 sacks chips (recommended: Onion and Garlic flavor Terra brand Yukon gold chips or other specialty chips of choice)
How to make french onion dip with cheese and chips:
- Put a medium skillet over medium to medium high heat and add the butter and the extra-virgin olive oil. Melt butter into oil then add onions and garlic cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bouillon cube to the pan with 1/2 cup water and cook until it melts coats onions, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Flavor the onions with Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and pepper . Remove from heat and transfer to a plate to quick-cool a bit.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream and softened creamed cheese using a rubber spatula. Stir in the onion mixture until completely combined, add salt if necessary and adjust your seasonings. Serve at room temperature or chill. Garnish with chives.
- Pack up chips as-is. Flavor the veggie chips with salt and pack up with a paper towel to capture excess moisture in a plastic food bag. If serving at home, salt vegetables in single layer, let stand 5 minutes then pat dry. Arrange chips and vegetable chips around dip and serve.