Today IndonesianCuisineRecipes.com will share about Top 3 recipes How to cook kale greens with tasty recipes. They are sauteed kale, how to cook kale chips, and kale soup recipes. Kale is a complete of nutrients that can be made in many different inspired ways, from just boiling to making kale chips. Learn how here. It’s a good thing they are, because kale has the health advantages of a cruciferous vegetable in reducing cancer risk, and it’s also an effective supply of vitamins A, C, and K and a very good source of fiber, potassium, and calcium.
Kale is a member of the cabbage family and has a cabbage like flavor. It thrives in cold climates and is in season in the winter months, although it is ready year-round and can be grown in warmer climes as well. Kale leaves are long and frilly, with a tough center stalk, and can vary in color and texture Kale can be used similarly to spinach. The kale chips below are trendy and fun to eat, and but also try kale boiled, sauteed, and slow-simmered.
1. How to cook kale greens with easy steps
To make sauteed kale is easy and quick. Ingredients, a half pounds young kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped; 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced;3 tablespoons olive oil; a half cup vegetable stock or water .
First add garlic and kale and mix them together with onions,Allow garlic, kale and onions to cook for one minute, then add vegetable broth and Blanching the greens before adding to the slow cooker helps remove the natural bitterness,I usually make it with kale and beet greens but.
2. How to cook kale chips
Ingredients of kale chips: 1 bunch kale, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1 teaspoon seasoned salt.
How to cook kale chips:
- First Heat up an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash clean and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
3.How to cook kale soup
Ingredients of kale soup:
- 4 strips bacon, 4 ounces, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- a half pound kale, thick stems removed, leaves finely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 4 cups , or 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen winter squash puree, thawed Acorn Squash Puree
How to cook kale soup
- First Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring regularly, until crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Now add onion to fat in pan, and cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add kale; cook until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add squash puree and 3 cups water (or more if necessary to achieve desired consistency); bring just to a boil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Serve, garnished with reserved bacon.