To cook lamb curry recipe with steamed rice and coconut oil is easy and also quick. This lamb curry recipe was so easy enough to make and will now become a regular weekday meal at our house. Served it with hot rice. With diced lamb leg steaks were perfect cut for it. Took longer than 1 hour to make by the time you chop everything so not a quick week night meal- more like a Sun night meal with leftovers for Monday. Our Family absolutely loved it. You can doubled the korma paste for extra kick and even my daughter who isn’t a curry fan loved it. Family favourite now on February 2013.
Ingredients of lamb curry recipe:
- 1 large potato, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 large carrot, peeled, chopped
- A half cup frozen peas
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 500g lamb fillet, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbs korma curry paste (or mild curry paste)
- One and a half cup (about 375ml) beef stock or water
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Steamed rice, to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
How to cook lamb curry:
1. First, heat oil in a large pan over high heat, add the lamb and brown in lots. Remove and set aside.
2. Reduce heat to medium, add onion, garlic and ginger to pan and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes. Add paste and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
3. Take the lamb to pan, include the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes. Add the peas, potato, carrot, and coconut milk and cook for a further 25 minutes.
4. Decorate with coriander and serve with rice.
This lamb curry recipes was so delicious and also fragrant, but started cooking it before you must read the whole recipe and you will realize it would take over an hour to make. But although we didn’t eat it til late, it was really yummy and I’d definitely cook it again. You can add plenty of veggies, so you can also add mushroom, capsicum and beans, as well as the potato and peas as listed.You may also like other recipes: