The basic recipe for this lamb curry recipe is from my Mother’s so I know it is good.Lamb Curry is delicious served with plain rice, a salad and Raita (made with yogurt and used as a sauce or dip). To make lamb curry is easy, let me show you how to make this yummy lamb curry recipe. Here we go.
The ingredients of lamb curry recipes:
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 2 lamb shanks, 2 lamb shoulder steaks (about 2 lbs of meat without the bone)
- 1 large onions, chopped, about 3 half cups
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2-3 tbsp ghee (clarified butter) or 1 tbsp olive oil with butter
- 2-3 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Meyer lemon sliced (with rind)
- 2 peeled and chopped apples (tart green granny smith if possible), about 2 cups
- a quarter cup of raisins
- 1 half cups chicken broth
- 8-12 small potatoes, quartered, about 1 half pounds
- Chutney, yogurt, rice
How to make lamb curry recipe with black pepper:
1 Heat up the oven to 300 degrees F. On stovetop, take the ghee or the butter-and-oil mixture to a large covered pot or Dutch oven and turn the burner to medium-high. Brown the meat well and remove it from pan.
2 Now, add curry powder to the ghee or oil, turn the heat down to medium and cook gently for a minute or two. Add garlic and onions and cook for about 5 minutes. Return lamb to pan.
3 Add cumin, rosemary, coriander, black pepper, thyme, raisins, chicken broth, sliced lemon, apples, salt and pepper. Cover the pot and put it in the oven. Cook for 2 hours. Check at 2 hours to see if the meat is falling off the bone. It should be starting to do so. Add the potatoes and cook for another 45 minutes.
4 To serve, you can pull the meat off the bones or leave it on. Taste for salt and add some more curry powder or cayenne if you want things spicier. You can serve over rice with chutney and yogurt for more yummy.
That is so easy to prepare the lamb curry recipes for your family. This recipes is the best yummy our family secret recipes. Use it with this recipe to make the most authentic-tasting restaurant-style lamb curry you’ve ever tasted.You may also like other recipes: