To cook braised lamb shanks recipe
with white wine is easy and also quick, we need only 2 hour to cook this lamb shanks recipe. This braised lamb shank recipe is really yummy and with the fennel and white wine is a really nice addition.You have to try this braised lamb shank recipe.
Ingredients of braised lamb shanks recipe:
- 250g green beans, steamed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 60g (2/3 cup) shredded parmesan
- 305g (1 1/2 cups) dried risoni pasta
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 185ml (3/4 cup) white wine
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 4 (about 500g) carrots, peeled, cut into 4cm pieces
- 4 (about 500g) baby fennel bulbs, quartered
- 8 (about 180g each) lamb shanks, French trimmed (see note)
- 2 tbs olive oil
How to cook braised lamb shank recipe:
- Heat up oven to 180°C. Heat half the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the lamb shanks and cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown all over. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and lamb shanks, reheating the pan between batches.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Add the carrot, onion, fennel, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is golden around the edges. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the stock, wine and rosemary and bring to the boil.
- Move the fennel mixture to a 3.5L (14-cup) capacity ovenproof dish. Top with the lamb shanks and cover with foil or a tight-fitting lid. Bake in oven, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or until the lamb is tender and begins to fall off the bone. (To freeze, see notes below.)
- Meanwhile, cook the risoni in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente Drain. Return to the pan. Add the parmesan and 1/3 cup of the parsley and stir until well combined.
- Season the lamb shank mixture with salt and pepper. Divide the risoni mixture among serving bowls. Top with the lamb shank mixture and sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Serve with steamed green beans.
You may also like other recipes: